Congratulations on completing STGRvr 2020!
Please upload your Strava URL to get ranked.
We update the ranking page every few days.
Fields with a * (asterisk) are mandatory.
Learn about Sharing your Strava Activity.
Get out on the trails and onto the RunnerReg Virtual Race Leaderboard. Now is the time for virtual challenges, so what could be better getting out on the trails, pushing yourself against the clock, and locking in a solid performance…. All done and dusted one week before the official trail race even starts! Official TGR Trail Race dates for 2020 can be found here.
Let’s get out there to earn our place in the standings + most excellent finisher’s medal for completing each virtual challenge.
NB. You’ll need to prove you completed the full challenge by uploading your RunnerReg or Strava result, so check out all the rules below. NB. Only RunnerReg timing app or Strava submissions will be accepted for the purposes of final event ranking.
All pumped up to get out and run? Head on further down…!
Each event has different prizes available. Prizes are typically awarded to the top 10 male, female and teams overall and also the final 10 respectively.
Top 10 finishers of our semi-annual challenges will receive TGR race credits that can be redeemed on RunnerReg.com.
NB. Team size will not be taken into account for team rankings and prizes. Ie. Teams of 2,3,4 & 5 participants are all competing together for one Top 10 Team Ranking.
*Updated 29 Oct 2020
Deadlines vary for each event. See the event tiles below for more details regarding race start and end dates.
- Participants may start anytime after 6am (local time) on the event start date.
- All participants must finish by 6pm (local time) on the final day of the challenge.
*STRAVA SUBMISSION IS MANDATORY IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR PRIZES*
The following rules must be adhered to during registration, participation and results submission for any TGR Virtual Run Challenge. Participants must be registered for the virtual challenge on RunnerReg.com in order to compete and be eligible for final ranking and finisher prizes.
- Dates and Deadlines - All challenges have separate start and finish dates.
- Start Time: Participants may start anytime after 6am (local time) on the event start date.
- Cut-Off Time: Participants must finish by 6pm (local time) on the final day of the challenge.
- Only participants who have completed the challenge within the event time period will be eligible for prizes and final ranking.
- Submission - All results must be submitted using the uploader below, by 11:59pm on the final day of the challenge. Registered participants must submit:
- Two selfie photos are required and are a condition of the registration waiver.
- One photo should be taken at the start line and 1 on the course. NB. These photos will be shared publicly.
- Send your photos to us here:
- Strava link showing the Elapsed Time and covering the registered runner completion of the route:
- E.g. Check out my hike on Strava. https://strava.app.link/E8awsHuac5
- GPX - We may ask for your gpx file in case of time in case of discrepancies or for tie-breakers. All attempts must be outdoors - treadmill attempts are not permitted. Results that cannot be verified by gpx may be disqualified.
- Multiple Attempts - Multiple attempts are permitted for all TGR Virtual Events. Simply register for the event again and select a new bib number to compete under. Prizes will only be awarded for your top performance and not for additional attempts. Resubmit your attempt to us here: tgr.run/virtual.
NB: Partial attempts or incomplete attempts will not be accepted. Eg. Submitting a better time for 1 leg of a 3 Islands challenge.
- Additional No Limit Race attempts must be made during another scheduled No Limit Race. All other routes may be attempted at any time in the same calendar month.
- Partial attempts or incomplete attempts will not be accepted. Eg. Submitting a better time for 1 leg of a 3 Islands challenge.
- Timing & Ranking - Elapsed Time on Strava will be used for final results and rankings. The definition of Elapsed Time on Strava is here.
- All virtual races are to self-timed using Strava and must be completed continuously on the same day.
- All attempts must be outdoors - treadmill attempts are not permitted. NB.
- We may request your gpx file for podium finish verification.
- Prizes - Although prizes may be updated from time to time, the minimum prize pot from RunnerReg & TGR is as follows:
TGR Race Credit for the top 10 overall male, top 10 overall female and top 10 overall teams (regardless of team size) on 1 Jan:
1st - 500 TGR Race Credit
2nd - 400 TGR Race Credit
3rd - 300 TGR Race Credit
4th - 200 TGR Race Credit
5th - 100 TGR Race Credit
6th - 50 TGR Race Credit
7th - 50 TGR Race Credit
8th - 50 TGR Race Credit
9th - 50 TGR Race Credit
10th - 50 TGR Race Credit
* NB: Not all events have team categories available.
5. Final Results - Final standings for all virtual challenges will be finalised within 24 hours of the event completion. Annual champions will be announced by 2 Jan 2021, based on results finalised at 6pm, 1 Jan 2020.
6. Double Champions - If the Top Overall Male / Female of the virtual challenge is also the Top Overall Male/Female of the official race, a bonus 1000 Race Credits will be awarded.
7. Race Credit - Race Credit may be accumulated and used towards TGR trail races and retreats*
- Hong Kong
*Find our latest events open for registration on RunnerReg.com.
8. Sportsmanship - This is a self-supported, semi-competitive, fun challenge. Runners should uphold honour, good sportsmanship and honesty at all times. Always run hydrated, with a partner, and with appropriate gear for conditions on the day.
9. Waiver - By joining this event, you accept the full terms of our waiver.